Monday, February 7, 2011

Ohhhh Life.

Many of you know what has happened in my life as of late. It is times like these that I realize how hard life really is when you are becoming an adult. As I have contemplated the best and wisest decisions in my life I have failed to recognize how much I truly have been given. SO, I figured it was appropriate to jot down a few things I'm grateful for--as my gratitude "post-Thanksgiving" post. Here goes:

I'm grateful for the Anderson's. I'm grateful that they've housed me and fed me and acted as my adopted parents. They have listened to me when I've needed advice and wisdom and have supported me through these trials in my life.

I'm grateful for family. I'm extremely grateful for the love, support, and wisdom my whole family has offered me. I have been brought closer to them, each of my siblings and parents so much so that my love for them has grown so much stronger.

I'm grateful for employment. I'm so grateful that after a seemingly everlasting job search, I was able to find a job that met my needs in gaining a teaching experience. I am doing something that I love by helping children learn to read which I believe will help me in my future schooling and career, more than I realize now.

I'm grateful for my friends and extended family. I'm so grateful for loving friends and cousins who go out of their way to share their love for me. Their love and support has uplifted me in so many ways.

I'm grateful for Jesse for loving me enough to realize what was best for me. It takes a real and loving man to do such a hard thing.

I'm grateful for melted snow since it means more warmth.

I'm grateful for warm blankets and soft pillows.

I'm grateful for chocolate and ice cream, either together or separate. I wouldn't get through life without them.

I'm grateful for Philippine's Costco dried mangoes.

I'm grateful for life :)


4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

How do I say this? I love you. I'm proud of you. I think you're amazing. I'm aching for you. I'll eat ice cream and chocolate with you! You're great. Glad you found a good job and I hope you have fun with it. I'd sure want you to be my reading teacher! I love you, Michelle.

Unknown said...

I had a job as a reading teacher in Provo! It was a blast! I helped tutor kids in 1st/2nd grades who were a little behind the rest of the class. We checked out fun books from their school library and did comprehension games and timed their reading speed. I think that experience was invaluable to me, especially now as a mother. That's so exciting that you got that job!
Hang in there, Michelle! I know this has to be such a tough time. Call me if you ever need to talk.

Melanie said...

Hey Michelle. Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you.

Good luck with everything. We're all pulling for you.

Becky Lowe said...

Sweet Michelle. This will be a crazy story to tell your children some day. We are grateful that you were wise enough to act on your deepest feelings. Everything will turn out all right. We love you.